

美国 AI 艺术家米克・马勒提出,AI 算力越强,技术本身的独特价值越弱。他通过创意艺术作品案例,认为创作者应利用 AI 辅助创作构思、赋能艺术表达,而不是让人工智能取代人类的创意思考。
I've always been drawn to the uncanny -- the slightly creepy.
我一直被神秘的东西所吸引--有点令人毛骨悚然的东西。
I make movies about spiders playing jazz on their webs, or cockroaches building a rocket to fly to the moon and explore the universe.
我拍的电影是关于蜘蛛在网上演奏爵士乐,或者蟑螂建造火箭飞往月球并探索宇宙的。
I love finding the human in what most people find a bit creepy.
我喜欢在大多数人觉得有点令人毛骨悚然的地方寻找人类。
So when the first AI images like this appeared, I was not creeped out.
因此,当第一张这样的人工智能图像出现时,我并没有感到害怕。
I was really curious.
我真的很好奇。
What new ways of filmmaking could this unlock?
这可以开启哪些新的电影制作方式?
I started a YouTube channel to find out.
我开设了一个YouTube频道来找出答案。
Some of my early experiments were nature documentaries generated using one of the earliest AI-video models.
我早期的一些实验是使用最早的人工智能视频模型之一生成的自然纪录片。
It was so early that it couldn't even remember what happened half a second ago, which is why it looks like planet Earth on acid -- I imagine, I mean, I wouldn't know.
时间太早了,它甚至不记得半秒前发生了什么,这就是为什么它看起来就像酸液中的地球--我想,我的意思是,我不知道。
My favorite early project, though, was using, back at the time, cutting-edge AI tools to generate the story, the 3D models and even the animation to create a sequel to my favorite Pixar movie, "Ratatouille," of course.
不过,我最喜欢的早期项目是使用尖端的人工智能工具来生成故事、3D模型甚至动画来创建我最喜欢的皮克斯电影《料理鼠王》的续集,当然。
And it became whatever this is: Gusteau always said that anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great.
事情就变成了无论这是什么:古斯特总是说,任何人都可以做饭,但只有无所畏惧的人才能变得伟大。
Help! Help me, Remy!
救救我,雷米!
So, yeah.
所以,是的。
Not exactly Hollywood, I know, but I really loved pushing these tools to their limits to see where they'd break.
我知道,这不完全是好莱坞式的,但我真的很喜欢把这些工具推到极限,看看它们会在哪里崩溃。
And as you can see -- they broke pretty fast.
正如你所看到的--它们崩溃得很快。
But now AI can make almost anything I can imagine, and it's getting better and easier to use every single day.
但现在人工智能几乎可以制造我能想象的任何东西,而且它每天都在变得更好、更容易使用。
That's amazing, but also kind of terrifying, right?
这很神奇,但也有点可怕,对吧?
I mean, what happens when everything becomes possible?
我的意思是,当一切都成为可能时会发生什么?
Will anyone be able to just prompt a Hollywood blockbuster now?
现在有人能制作一部好莱坞大片吗?
Or will we drown in an ocean of meaningless AI-generated content -- what we now call "AI slop." I'm actually more optimistic.
或者我们会淹没在毫无意义的人工智能生成内容的海洋中--我们现在称之为“人工智能污水”。“我实际上更乐观。
And to show you why, I brought three projects that really inspired me.
为了向您展示原因,我带来了三个真正激励我的项目。
When a new AI model was released that could transform audio clips into animation, filmmakers from Berlin went out into the streets and interviewed pedestrians about their meat consumption, and then they used this AI model to transform their voices into this:
当一种可以将音频片段转化为动画的新人工智能模型发布时,来自柏林的电影制作人走上街头,采访行人的肉类消费情况,然后他们使用这个人工智能模型将他们的声音转化为这样的:
I'd like to be a vegetarian.
我想成为一名素食主义者。
It affects my health.
它影响我的健康。
But yeah, I do feel better when I eat it.
但是是的,当我吃它时我确实感觉更好。
We need the meat because of our brains.
我们需要肉,因为我们的大脑。
Those things that are coming from the meat is helping the brains.
肉中产生的东西对大脑有帮助。
Now, a lot of people are creating these over-the-top sci-fi movie trailers with explosions and stuff with AI.
现在,很多人正在用人工智能制作这些带有爆炸和内容的夸张科幻电影预告片。
And I get that.
我明白了。
That's a lot of fun.
那很有趣。
But this stood out to me because it's not that.
但这对我来说很突出,因为事实并非如此。
It's rooted in reality.
它植根于现实。
It's a simple idea with a funny twist.
这是一个简单的想法,但有一个有趣的转折。
And most importantly, it tells a story.
最重要的是,它讲述了一个故事。
That's how I like to approach my AI projects, too.
这也是我喜欢处理我的人工智能项目的方式。
Earlier this year, I felt really burnt out from sitting at my computer all day long, testing all these new AI models.
今年早些时候,我整天坐在电脑前测试所有这些新的人工智能模型,感觉真的很累。
I started to feel a bit like Gregor Samsa from Kafka's "The Metamorphosis." You know, the book about the guy who turns into this beetle creature.
我开始感觉有点像卡夫卡《变形记》中的格雷戈尔·萨姆萨。“你知道,这本书是关于变成甲虫生物的人的。
Well, inspired by that, I went outside and photographed real beetles, and then used these photos to train my own AI character model of this beetle.
嗯,受此启发,我走到外面拍摄了真正的甲虫,然后用这些照片训练了我自己的这只甲虫的人工智能角色模型。
I then wrote an alternative ending for the story where Gregor, instead of dying alone miserably, reconnects with nature and learns that there's more to life than work.
然后,我为故事写了一个替代结局,格雷戈尔,而不是孤独地悲惨地死去,重新与自然联系,并了解到生活中有比工作更多的东西。
We then just went out into the woods and filmed this on an iPhone.
然后我们就走进树林,用iPhone拍摄了这段视频。
And using this beetle model, I was able to transform myself into Gregor with just a few clicks.
使用这个甲虫模型,我只需点击几下鼠标就能将自己变成格雷戈尔。
Meanwhile, people are now creating entire movies on their laptops.
与此同时,人们现在正在笔记本电脑上制作完整的电影。
There's this growing community of filmmakers pushing the boundaries of AI, and to them, sharing how they made it matters as much as the final movie.
越来越多的电影制片人社区正在突破人工智能的界限,并向他们分享他们如何让人工智能与最终电影一样重要。
And I think that openness is really cool.
我认为开放真的很酷。
It really invites anyone to come in and join and start creating their own movies.
它确实邀请任何人加入并开始创作自己的电影。
So this is where we are right now.
这就是我们现在所处的位置。
Soon anyone will be able to tell any story without technical limitations.
很快,任何人都将能够在没有技术限制的情况下讲述任何故事。
So what happens when everything becomes possible?
当一切都成为可能时,会发生什么?
I think, yes, we're going to see amazing new aesthetics, new narrative forms we've never imagined and stories from people who couldn't find their audience before.
我认为,是的,我们将看到令人惊叹的新美学、我们从未想象过的新叙事形式以及以前找不到观众的人的故事。
But we are also going to see -- and we are already seeing -- a lot more trash: low-effort AI content to cut costs, deepfakes, misinformation and AI slop.
但我们也将看到--我们已经看到--更多的垃圾:低成本的人工智能内容,以降低成本,深度伪造,错误信息和人工智能垃圾。
But I think in that ocean of AI slop, authenticity stands out more than ever.
但我认为,在人工智能污水的海洋中,真实性比以往任何时候都更加突出。
Originality stands out.
独创性脱颖而出。
I think effort stands out.
我认为努力很突出。
Remember the Studio Ghibli trend, when everyone turned themselves into these anime characters?
还记得吉卜力工作室的潮流吗?当时每个人都把自己变成了这些动漫人物。
It was everywhere online for a few weeks, then very quickly vanished because novelty creates hype, but gets boring fast.
它在网上到处都是几周,然后很快就消失了,因为新奇会引起炒作,但很快就会变得无聊。
And I too was drawn to AI for the novelty, but the more perfect and easy to use these tools become, the more bored I am actually by the technology itself, and the more excited I become about the real question: What stories are we going to tell now?
我也因其新颖性而被人工智能所吸引,但这些工具变得越完美、越容易使用,我对技术本身就越感到无聊,我对真正的问题就越兴奋:我们现在要讲什么故事?
Because filmmakers were never remembered for their tools -- they were remembered for their stories, for their ability to move audiences, for their vision.
因为电影制片人从来都不是因为他们的工具而被人们铭记的--他们是因为他们的故事、他们感动观众的能力和他们的愿景而被人们铭记的。
But I think here's also the challenge, because the tools always kind of shaped that vision, right?
但我认为这也是一个挑战,因为工具总是在某种程度上塑造这种愿景,对吧?
When we didn't have sound, title cards became a whole art form.
当我们没有声音时,标题卡就变成了一种完整的艺术形式。
CGI is too expensive?
CGI太贵了吗?
Maybe we need to actually build a part of that set?
也许我们需要真正构建该集合的一部分?
Early AI looks weird and creepy?
早期的人工智能看起来很奇怪又令人毛骨悚然?
Lean into that and make abstract nightmare fuel to make people laugh.
深入其中,让抽象的噩梦成为燃料,让人们发笑。
Now those constraints are fading, and to avoid getting lost, you have to be more sure than ever about what it is you want to create.
现在这些限制正在消失,为了避免迷失方向,您必须比以往任何时候都更加确定您想要创建什么。
I think when everything becomes possible, nothing matters more than your vision.
我认为当一切都成为可能时,没有什么比你的愿景更重要了。
So here is how I work now for my newer projects.
以下是我现在为我的新项目工作的方式。
For my newest short film about a man who changes size with his confidence, we went story first, tool second.
对于我的最新短片,讲述了一个男人随着自信而改变身材的故事,我们先讲故事,其次是工具。
We knew that AI would make the visual effects possible, so we just wrote it, went out and shot it, and then later we figured out our own AI workflow.
我们知道人工智能会使视觉效果成为可能,所以我们只是写了它,出去拍摄它,然后后来我们想出了自己的人工智能工作流程。
We built an open-source model that you can run for free on your own computer -- it's very, very nerdy.
我们构建了一个开源模型,您可以在自己的计算机上免费运行--这非常非常书呆子。
That allowed us to control every creative decision.
这使我们能够控制每一个创造性决定。
And that's super important with AI -- to keep that control -- because a lot of these AI tools will try to make creative decisions for you.
这对人工智能来说非常重要--保持这种控制--因为很多人工智能工具都会尝试为您做出创造性的决策。
Don't let them do that.
不要让他们这样做。
Think about the story only you can tell.
想想只有你才能讲述的故事。
Make it weird, make it unique, so that no AI could generate it on its own.
让它变得奇怪,让它独特,这样人工智能就无法自行生成它。
And if you want, use AI as a tool to reach that vision, but never to replace it.
如果你愿意,可以使用人工智能作为实现这一愿景的工具,但永远不要取代它。
Thank you for your attention.
感谢您的关注。
Now go make something cool.
现在去做一些很酷的东西吧。
Sorry for that.
抱歉。
Thank you.
谢谢。


外语赛事:
2026年度“用英语讲好中国故事” 广州市中小学生征文活动正式启动(附参赛通道及指南)
外语培训:
TED | 为什么你总感觉很忙甚至“累成狗”,却始终一无所获?
演讲 | 比尔·盖茨谈AI如何成为未来世界最大变革引擎(附视频)
夜雨聆风